26 June 2011

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

One of the highlights of the summer will be my sister's wedding. On Sunday, she stopped by with her fiance, who happens to be extremely good with children. That's fortunate since there are so many in our extended family.

He explained the rules of monopoly to my kids and their cousins and kept the peace during the game that followed.

His overview of the rules included several reminders that you have to pay the price listed on the card, and you have to pay it immediately rather than installments made over time. Apparently there's a new version of monopoly where you can negotiate and pay little by little. I'll have to play that kind of monopoly some time--maybe one of my nieces or nephews will teach me.

2 comments:

  1. A reminder of how long ago Monopoly was created. Where people did not buy something until they had all the money to pay for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true. I've heard that few games have the staying power of monopoly and I don't doubt it. But the world has changed out from under us all.

    ReplyDelete