02 July 2011

Along the Way

I couldn't help it. I was driving, camera in hand, snapping photos of these amazing places, all of them in Illinois:

I really would love to take a tour of a farm just like one of these.  I'd love to learn how all that stuff works and what it's for. Someday, I'd like to know.

The second day we continued north along the western edge of Michigan.  Our drive took us into territory that was less industrial farming and more recreational. Here are the signs to prove it:

There were loads trucks pulling campers, boats, bikes, etc. Like everyone else, were were headed north to have some fun.  We arrived on schedule, none the worse for wear.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's not how farms looked when I grew up in Illinois.
    But as you say, it's all fascinating and curiosity-raising.

    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you're from Illinois, Dina. I guess it's like being from Missouri--you live either in the country, the city, or in the suburbs caught between the two.

    ReplyDelete