27 June 2010

Best DIY Ever

The morning after the weddings, we were so happy that Matthew's Aunt invited us to breakfast. I'm always amazed by hospitality like that. Even when I try really hard, I can't quite see myself getting up early to make pancakes for family and friends the morning after my daughter's wedding--but that's exactly what Aunt Beth did.

Chocolate Chip banana pancakes. They were delicious.

And she had a craft project for the girls to do. Here they are painting, painting away.

They were working on ceramic figurines with a magnet on the back--a really strong magnet.

In the background, you can see a home-made scateboard thing. I don't know its real name. But my husband's uncle and cousin built it. They BUILT it. And the cousin, Austin, is completely at ease out there. He's very good at turns and other stuff that, again, I don't know the name for.

Austin is a great kid. He was unfailingly patient with my girls pretending his ramp was a slide.

So, what with Austin's forbearance and Aunt Beth's thoughfulness, we passed a lovely morning at their home, talking and playing before we left town.

No comments:

Post a Comment