28 June 2010

Why Cincinnati?

Why did I go to Cincinnati? I don't have family there. I'd never been there before. I didn't know much about the city. In fact, the only thing I knew about Cincinnati was that their baseball team is called "the reds".

But I'm not much for baseball.

I went to Cincinnati because it was a convenient stopping point on our road trip. I did a little research and found this place:

The Duke Energy Children's Museum.

I was impressed by the art-deco architecture. It was a train station back when Americans used trains, back when we (as a nation) made huge mosaics depicting our own progress and greatness. I'm not sure why I'm sure, but I AM sure we don't do this anymore.

But understandably, the kids were more interested in the exhibit. Here are some highlights:

At this station kids moved rubble (soft foam "rocks") with shovels and bags hung from pulleys and other workers' tools.

Then they pretended to be vets.

That was fun for a long time.

And then, we played at the water tables.

It was a good thing there were water proof jackets to keep the kids dry.

When we were there, they had a special activity; Independence Day hat-decorating.

Turned out well, I think.


If you want to visit the museum in Cincinnati, you can visit their web site for more information.

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Please more ...
    and best wishes from Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pleasant looking city. Seems so clean and organized compared to Beirut!

    ReplyDelete