24 June 2010

Candles & Gnomes

We were so glad to be in town to celebrate my Mom's birthday. We went out for dinner, but Mom didn't want to do cake and ice cream in a restaurant. I can't blame here--I'm not much for the spectacle of it. And she didn't want cake--the candles are stuck in a brownie that she made with Stella and Danielle. Here they are, just before Mom blew out the candles.

And guess what popped out of one of the presents in the pile?

The Gnome on the left is the new one--a present from my brother. The one on the right has been in our house forever. I was actually afraid of it when I was a kid. Dad brought it back from Europe, but I don't really know exactly when that was.  Long ago enough that Mr. Blue Pants is an antique. 

I like the comparison.

When Mom has decided where to put him, I'll make another post.

2 comments:

  1. Mr Blue pants hails from 1972, returning with me after my missionary service. That would make him almost 40!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I think that's great.

    ReplyDelete